The Katydid™ gasifier wood stove is perfect for environmentally conscious, off-grid living. Certified at 1.9 grams/hour, our Katydid™ gasifier wood stove is one of the cleanest non-catalytic wood burning stoves on the planet.
The patented, ultra-efficient thermodynamic gasifier technology harnesses the wood gas within the exhaust as a secondary fuel source to increase heat output, radically lower emissions, and improve overall efficiency, providing a nearly smokeless burn. This technology also allows you to get more heat from less wood, which means longer burn times, less wood splitting and incredible wood-burning efficiency.
The Katydid™ gasifier wood burning stove is an industry leader with a minimal combustible clearance, perfect for environmentally conscious, off-grid houses. It’s the best small wood stove for compact space dwellers who are looking for a highly-efficient dry heat source and cooktop.
Iron Ash Guide:
Are you a DIY-er looking to install the Katydid™ wood stove yourself? Great! We’ve created a guide to help you with the installation.
Katydid™ Cathedral Roof Guide
Katydid™ RV Guide
Katydid™ Single Story with Attic Guide
Katydid™ Two Story with Attic Guide
The Katydid™ wood stove heater has been approved for residential, mobile homes, and alcove installations in Canada.
Download the Katydid™ Wood Stove Owner's Manual here
Every space is unique and we want to ensure you have everything you need to start your installation right away. Upload a sketch of your space and install so our experts can review your order before it gets shipped out. We will contact you if there is anything that is missing to make sure you get the parts you need right away.
- American-made, precision-cut black steel
- Manufactured in Oregon, USA
- Non-catalytic re-burn solid fuel system
- Versatile cooktop
- Height: 32”, 38” with base
- Width: 12”x12”
- Weight: 153lbs
- Flue exit: Vertical
- Estimated efficiency: 73%
- Vents with 4” double-wall pellet stove pipe
Requires Class A rated ceiling pass through
(insulated or triple wall pipe)
Certified for 6” clearance to back of flue & 21” to sides
(less with shielding)
Ultra-efficient and clean:
- Underwriters listed for WETT certified installations
- Tested against ULC-S627-00 Standards Council of Canada
- Conforms to CAN/CSA B365-10 Clause 4.1.C Canadian Chimney
- Exceeds EPA certification at 1.9 g/hr emission rate (as of May 15, 2020 EPA limit is 2.0 g/hr) EPA Certified Stoves
- Heats up to 2,000 square feet of well-insulated space
- Peak 55,000 BTU's/hour
- Burns up to 10 hours coal bed to coal bed, depending on wood quality
- Will burn up to 6-inch diameter logs 6-inch in length
- Optional sealed outside air intake
CSA Certified in Canada
CSA Certified in Canada
Not Certified in Canada
Watch Katydid™ wood stove quality clean burn and cooking videos on our videos page.
Shipping included to Local Trucking Depot (inquire for exact locations) or business serviced with forklift/loading dock. At 153lbs the Katydid stove is over the legal weight for a human to physically carry and thus needs a tailgate if you want it dropped at your home. Tailgate service is possible for an extra charge.When picking up your Katydid, be advised the stove is 153lbs and the box dimensions are roughly 40" x 20" x 20".